Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sometimes I have reasons

Sometimes I have reasons for the things I make. Sometimes, I just..... don't. Sometimes, often times, as I'm sitting here pinching out the base form I just start giggling, because an idea hit me out of the blue.

A few months ago I was talking with some friends about how this part of Ohio, being between 2 certain colleges, goes a bit.... crazy... every fall. That's where these S&P shakers came from. I have one pair of the footballs left, and Angelwood Gallery has a pair. The buckeyes are gone but I have a couple pairs in the works.


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Imagine the look on your family & friends faces when they ask for the salt and you hand them a blood shot eyeball. Heh. The brown pair are at Angelwood Gallery; I have the rest.

Antipasto anyone?

I was trying to think of a way to recycle the pile of fired pyrometric cones I have, and saw a commercial for baby elephant (Lucas) born recently at the Zoo. (He's really freaking cute. Click his name to see a video of him.) Anyway, that's where these came from. This particular pair was snatched up before they were finished by a friend who apparently has a thing for elephants.


And yes, they have butts.


Magic 8 balls. I don't know. Never had one when I was a kid.

Lady bugs, inspired by a friend.

I was watching movies with Brian and these popped into my head.

Calico & orange kitty for a friend.

Kitties that need a home.


I have a few more sets still need to shoot. Not sure how I missed them this round, but... did.
Check out the Sherwood Inn Pottery fan page on FaceBook to see more detail pics.

2 comments:

phdatc said...

Why yes, I do have a thing for elephants!! :D

kathleen said...

Did you watch the video? Lucas is CUTE!!!