Monday, August 22, 2011

Grrrrrrranimals!

I'm getting ready for a wood fired kiln in a couple weeks with the Swan Creek Potters.

And I think I'm going to make all salt & pepper shakers for it. Probably mostly animals, but other fallish stuff too. Fran and I shared a box of clay, which is different texture from what I normally use, so it's a bit of an adjustment. You can't tell here, but the clay is actually a buff color, and apparently bisq fires darker. And then in the wood kiln it will get the flashes of color from the ash and flames and all that goodness.

Anyway, here is a very small sample of what I'm making. The ones on the left are going to be wooly mammoth types, and will have red recycled cone tusks. Acorns in the middle, and a turtle on the right. The other turtle is scared. heh.

Other critters are in the works. Stand by.

No comments: