Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm rather pleased with myself

Mixing plaster is not my favorite thing to do. The humidity, temp of the water, how much plaster I add, how fast I mix, if it's lumpy..... there's just too many things that need to be juuuuuuuuuust right Goldilocks, for the batch to be perfect. It's pretty much a crap shoot every time.

I'll know in about an hour, but I think I just mixed the 2 best batches of plaster I've ever made. Why is that a good thing? Because I had a fun idea for some platters with designs carved in them, and I want to be able to make multiples.

So I made the platters just how I want them, made some boxes that are the same size, and voilĂ ! Platter molds in 2 sizes.


(ok, that shot is a bit of a tease. You can't see the design on the platter, because the mold is made upside down. HA! You'll have to tune back in to see the results.)

So there you have it. I'm rather pleased with myself.

No comments: