Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ode to my wheel

You spin my clay right round
right round like a record, baby
Right round round round
You spin my clay right round,
Right round like a record, baby
Right round round round

After a yarn bowl I donated for a door prize at a knitter's retreat weekend at Sauder Village caused a bit of a frenzy, the event organizers invited me to be a vendor at their Focus On Fiber Festival in June. In preparation for that, I spent the weekend throwing yarn bowls.

63 of them. Which looks like this:



I spent pretty much spent both days of the weekend down in my studio. :dreamysigh: Except for 1 quick errand and a call to my mom I didn't talk to anyone except Brian and the boys. And Brian was working and sleeping a lot, so I didn't even talk to him much! We've had so much stuff (of the social variety) going on the last 4-5 weekends it was glorious to just be able to stay home and be a hermit and make pots.

Anyway. I'm going to drop off the last 2 yarn bowls I have at Yarn Cravin' tomorrow, and hopefully will have the first batch of these bowls through the process this weekend.

No comments: