Thursday, March 10, 2011

Two of my favorite things: Pottery and Running

As many races as I have run, I have never done a trail run. A full marathon, yes, but a trail run? No. I have nothing but great admiration for those who do.

(Ok, and I think you're a little bit crazy. But in a good way. Especially those who run ultras on trails.)

Because I know how much work goes into training for such a run, I was honored when Lloyd Thomas asked me to make a unique finisher's award for those who finish the Fool's Run 50k Trail Run. After a couple very busy months, the last batch is in the bisq kiln right now, and will be glazed over the weekend.

For the overall men's & women's winners:

And for everyone else who finishes:


Each mug has been hand thrown, stamped with a jester hat as a nod to the race, and fired to 2,200°. They are oven, microwave, and dishwasher safe. The glaze is lead free.

Good luck everyone!

3 comments:

Lloyd said...

Kathleen,

The mugs are wonderful. It will be a pleasure to award these to the runners.

THANK YOU!

Lloyd

mjohnson said...

Thanks Kathleen for such great awards! I appreciate the extra incentive to finish the 50K tomorrow!

kathleen said...

WOOHOO!!!!

I'm excited to see everyone run tomorrow!