Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Smackeral

A smackeral, according to Winnie the Pooh, is a taste or small amount. Here are a few things I pulled out of the kiln this week.

A nod to the season... Snowflake Ornaments in 3 sizes. Just like in nature, each one is a little bit different.



$5 each:
Small - 2-3/4'' diameter (5)
Med - 3-1/5'' diameter (6)
Large - 4-5/8'' diameter (4)

Also available in lapel pins ($5, not shown):
Small: 2-1/4 diameter (7)
Large: 2-3/4 diameter (3)

Small blue footed oval platter - 11-1/4'' x 5-1/2'' $20

Blue rectangular tray - 13-1/2'' x 9-1/2'' ($30)

Oatmeal cracker (it holds 1 sleeve of fancy crackers) or cookie trough - 9-1/2'' x 4-1/4'' ($25)

Cute little (and I mean little) blue bud vase - 3-1/4'' tall x 2-1/5'' wide at the base ($10)

Set of 4 blue soup (or whatever) bowls - 6-1/2'' diameter ($55)

Small square plates in 3 colors. I love these things. They have a little bitty foot. The 'walls' have an interesting curvy shape. They're light, they stack, and they're the perfect size for dipping oils, condiments, a scoop of ice cream with one of those fancy rolled up cookies poked in, a spent tea bag... They're great for all kinds of things. 4-1/2'' square, $5 each (see below for quantities available.)

I'm testing glazes again, looking for a new green, because I've had it with my olive. It spits, it crawls... it just generally isn't fun to be around. Here are two green possibilities: upper left is Speckled Moss. It's an interesting green & brown combination, with bits of bright green here and there. I'd like to see if I can bring out more of the bright green. In the upper right is Agate. While the sample I looked at was a more green color, it fires more as a blue with brown speckles in my studio. It's gorgeous, but possibly not enough contrast to my regular blue. And of course on the bottom is my Mottled Spice.

Speckled Moss - 4
Agate - 4
Mottled Spice - 3


No comments: